Alright so before anyone looks for drama where there isn’t any…I only hate women that judge others. It’s not ALWAYS women that judge but in this situation it usually is. As most of you know (all 48 of my weekly WIDLM visitors…lol and yes, its a regular 48 visits only to my WIDLM posts…) As I was saying…Most of you know that I’m a full time nanny for a family with 3 children. I’m 24 years old and the kids are 9, 4 and 1. Anytime I take the kids out I get all sorts of nasty and judgmental looks from women. One lady even had the nerve to say something OUT LOUD to her husband about how “Teens shouldn’t be allowed to keep their children.”
There are several reasons why women like her make me very upset. Nevermind the fact that the children aren’t even mine. Lets start with the obvious facts she has.
1) I’m only 4’11 and I’m well aware that most of the time I do NOT look 24. Drew is 4 (Kieran was at school) and Sarah is 1, but I could understand someone thinking she might be younger, but not by much, and she certainly does not look older.
2) Both kids are VERY well dressed, they’re healthy, wearing clean, and good condition clothes and shoes, both are healthy with cute little rosy cheeks. BLONDE hair and blue eyes. Both kids are happy and very well behaved.
3) I take care of their needs, I talk to them, play with them don’t buy them junk food, both children were buckled into the cart. I even bought Drew a slinky!
4) At this rate even if they WERE my kids, I’m clearly not some dead beat mom like she was implying. EVEN SO I would have been 20 when Drew was born…and EVEN IF I were a teen mom, it’s NONE of her business, and the kids are taken care of.
Anytime I take the kids out theres always so many judgmental looks and comments, about being a young parent. Typically I blow them off, on occasion if I’m in a really really really good mood I’ll smile and say “I’m the nanny” but when they look relieved and pat me on the back and say “good for you” it kind of frustrates me. What is it that makes them think they have the right to judge, or get into other peoples business. Why do they make the immediate judgement that I’m irresponsible and can’t handle children. That I’m some awful mom. I know SO MANY parents who were young when they had kids. My mom was still a teenager when she had my brother — she did a wonderful job as a mom. I’m sure everyone knows at least one person who is/was a young parent and did a wonderful job!
If you’re one of those judgmental people, please stop, THINK and assess the situation before you’re judging someone. Don’t make rude comments to their face OR behind their back, thats just rude and makes me question whether or not YOU should ever be allowed to have children, you may pass the judgmental gene to them 😦
- Widlm (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- WIDLM. Days off. (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- WIDLM: MONDAYs (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- WIDLM: Leaving my kitten. (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- WIDLM: Distance (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- Widlm – Facebook. (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- WIDLM: A week late. Sorry Kids. + Today’s WIDLM. TWO in one! (therealkk.wordpress.com)
- What I don’t Like Mondays, round 3! (therealkk.wordpress.com)