I had this somewhat great idea to jump on the bandwagon with resolutions for the new year. Of course, I have NEVER attempted this, and know the majority of the world doesn’t even keep up with their resolutions after February but I’m going to give it a shot. (EverSoLightly thinks that since I accidentally typed “Goodbye 2011 Hello 2010!”)
It’s taken me a few days to come up with the right list of things that I truly wanted to accomplish this year, and for years to come. I think with some people they go about the whole “new years resolutions” idea a bit strange. “hmm let me make up a list of things I want to get done this year” instead of “Lets start fresh this year and make up a GOOD list of things I want to better/accomplish in my life not just for one year, but for years to come!”
This list is more for myself than anyone else, but I need to put it down somewhere where I wont lose it, and will be motivated to keep up with it for years to come.
- Re-kindle old friendships I let slip away. Go back and get in touch with those I may have hurt or that have hurt me and try and start fresh.
- Walk/jog/run often, whether alone or with Mitchell.
- Purge the bad out of my life, whether it’s clutter, bad eating habits, or anything in between, it’s going to be kicked to the curb.
- Enjoy an electronic/tv/distraction free 30 minutes a day, sit down with a cup of tea and just relax, enjoy life 🙂
- Keep in touch with all my friends, via snail-mail.
- Cut out the bad, dramatic and hurtful.
- Spend the holidays with people who love and care for not just me but Mitchell as well. No more christmases with passive aggressive comments, hateful actions and overall everything I’ve experienced over the past few years.
- Ignore the above if I have to be around people like that
- Become less of a work-a-holic, work stays at work, home life = work free.
- add to this list often, especially as I’m checking things off 🙂